Gibsonville Public Library joins the NC Cardinal consortium!
NC Cardinal is a growing consortium of 216 public library locations in 62 North Carolina counties dedicated to sharing resources and expanding opportunities through the use of a single online catalog. NC Cardinal expands items available to you from about 13,000 physical items currently available at the Gibsonville Public Library to over 7.7 million statewide!
New Features in Cardinal
- Discover materials not owned locally
- Borrow materials from any NC Cardinal Library using your Gibsonville library card
- Place holds online for items from any NC Cardinal library and pick them up at the Gibsonville Library – FREE.
- Return borrowed materials at any NC Cardinal Library
What’s not changing…
- After the move is complete, you can still request items, renew checkouts, and manage your account online, by phone, or in person
- Gibsonville cardholders will continue to have first dibs on books, movies, and other materials owned by the Gibsonville Public Library.
- December 3: Begin data migration — Beginning on Friday, December 2nd, the current online catalog will not be available. Users will not be able to log in to their account during this time.
- December 4-7: Offline transitions — In the days leading up to our “go live” date, no library materials will be due. In fact, no materials will be due back until December 14th.
- December 7: Closing early — On Wednesday, December 7th, the library will close at 5:00pm to allow staff time to prepare and upload final transaction data.
- December 8: Go Live! — The Gibsonville Public Library will officially begin using the new NC Cardinal software to manage checkouts. The online catalog will look different, but will have essentially the same functions as before.
- December 8-14: Extended Due dates — No materials due back until December 14th!
- January 9: Start Resource Sharing — Request and borrow books, movies, music, and more from any NC Cardinal Library and have them delivered to the Gibsonville Public Library, free of charge.